Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's this about alone time?

Day 6~My "special" place. {Where do you go for quiet/alone or regrouping time}

I don't really have a "special" place to call my own. All I know is this, my favorite part of the day is nap time. It's the first chance I have on a daily basis to just turn to my favorite channel, silently scold myself about not using said time more effectively (i.e. blogging, cleaning, etc.) & more times then not I make myself lunch and fall asleep only to woken up by either laughter or tears; and with that I'm back on mom duty.

Being a single mom doesn't exactly lend itself to many opportunities for aloneness. I mean I basically have a shadow and I welcome it the way I see it one day I'll be needed in a different way, besides she's already making her stand for independence heard loud and clear. And just so I don't sound like a complete debbie downer I also enjoy being in the car & food shopping alone as well as the short walk to the mailbox. When the weather is nice I even like to sit outside.

XOXO

No comments: