Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lost & Not Found

Day 5~Something lost...

I imagine there are all sorts of ways you could approach this topic. For me it makes most sense to talk about a friendship lost. I've considered trying to repair or at least make some attempt at repair, I've thought about what to say even tried writing a few times but I always end up scraping it for one reason or another. The thing is even though I think my level of responsibility is minimal I still feel guilty. When I think back to the incident all I know for certain is that I was angry beyond words. It goes back to my biggest pet peeve of them all: texting something you should be picking up the phone and talking about. I guess for me it was the final straw & maybe if this person couldn't be bothered to pick up the phone or at least discuss an alternative then maybe I was better off cutting my losses.

Fast forward seven months and I find myself torn between wanting to reconnect and coming to terms with the decision I made. I don't want to say sorry I want to say why haven't you said sorry but something tells me that isn't exactly that most productive way to go about things. The saying goes, life is what happens when you're busy making other plans and I guess that's what happened. Maybe it's okay to skip the harsh, ugly words and just remember the good times for what they were.

XOXO

2 comments:

Our 365 Days said...

great post!! I'm a new follower from bloggy moms!

Anonymous said...

I think you should try to reconnect and see how that works especially since you have thought about it anyway. To me, that means there is some part of you that misses this person. And if that doesn't work, end it for good.