Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Acceptance...

Last night I went to dinner with a friend in what could best be described as a step towards reconciliation. Our time was filled with catching up, discussing Elle & briefly addressing how we were going to move forward with one another. When all was said and done I was left taking a hard and honest look at the person that I am.

As my pregnancy nears the end and with delivery in the horizon I've come to accept and embrace all the qualities that make me who I am. The: good. bad. ugly. crazy. emotional. sensitive (and insensitive). judgemental. competitive. perfectionist. I have issues when it comes to communication. Sometimes I think before I speak to a fault and don't end up saying what I mean how I mean to. I avoid confrontation at all costs and have learned that there really is no way to. Sometimes the only option left is to just argue it out. The old adage "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" couldn't be more flawed. Words hurt. More than I even realized they were capable of. Forgetting is just as hard as forgiving.

ac⋅cept⋅ance/[ak-sep-tuhns]:

1.The act or process of accepting.
2.The state of being accepted or acceptable.
3.Favorable reception; approval.
4.Belief in something; agreement.

fifteen days to go! XOXO

No comments: