Saturday, December 8, 2012

Wait, Mom said No and Meant it???

Blog Dare Day #7: I finally gave in and...

Two words: Got. Tough. That's right no more "soft mom" over here! When I say no, I mean no. When I say it's time for night-night, I mean it's time for night-night. When I ask Elle to do something she's more than capable of doing, I want it done.

My tolerance for tears and behavior that falls under crazy pants is at an all time high. There was a time when the tears bothered me. I gave in more than I should have. Mainly for my own personal peace but you know what tears happen. Sometimes you hear no & have to do things you don't necessarily want to. It's called life the last time I checked.

In Elle's defense (and my fantastic parenting) she has manners. She uses please and thank you often. We're working on excuse me. And everyday at afternoon carpool when the teacher has walked her to the car she says, "thank you very much," which is followed by praise from mommy for being so polite!

With Christmas break quickly approaching we will be tackling potty training. Wish us luck. Send prayers. And feel free to leave comments as to what worked for you! Guess we're adding when I say go potty like a big girl, I mean it! Oh, if it were that easy she'd be fully potty trained!

XOXO

No comments: