Friday, June 11, 2010

Ms. Poopy Pants

The last few weeks have been filled with all sorts of things. None of which I can actually recall right now! It's both funny & sad that I'm busy, tired, hungry, and as I sit here trying to recall it all...BLANK!

What sticks out most poignantly is the rough few days when Elle's pipes were just a wee bit out of wack. First time around I called our pediatrician while simultaneously doing a bing search. What the doctor said and my findings matched up (not that I value the opinion of some looney person over that of a degreed professional, just saying). The verdict was give a couple tablespoons of apple juice. Well, my mother was still a bit concerned so I knocked things up a notch and called an advice nurse. She said there wasn't anything to be alarmed about yet. Apparently, when it comes to diarrhea and babies what constitutes "diarrhea" is an increase in the number of times she's going versus the consistency. I know this may be more then you'd like to know but seriously this is my life. I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to! Later that afternoon I got a follow up call from our pediatrician. She just wanted to make sure everything was okay and she said we could give Elle some pedialyte too. Other than that we should stick to starches (i.e. bananas, applesauce & rice cereal) to thicken the poo up. After the pedialyte things seemed to be back in working order. WHEW! The worst one to date (since I know you really wanna know and who am I to not share?!) She got poo-poo all over herself, literally. It was like a grenade went off! I'm not exaggerating. It was all over her back, the back of her dress (which I had to rinse out and put in the dryer so it didn't disrupt the color scheme for the day), & the chair she was sitting in. I wanted to cry but it was too funny to do anything but laugh. All I can think is one day I might be able to return the favor!

Here's to potty training and big girl panties....

XOXO

No comments: