Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sixty Days of Mommyhood



Cue the trumpets....my Elle is two months old today! The love continues to flow and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to look at the picture I have framed of the two of us on my desk. As I settle into my routine of work and school I'm that much more appreciative of our time together. I guess it would be helpful to remember this when it's saturday afternoon and I'm bored out of my brains. There's only so much you can do with an infant and as much as I love our heart to hearts she's more of a listener. Which brings me to the coo'ing she's started to do. It's absolutely adorable which isn't saying much since I feel that way about everything she does, with the one exception of poopy diapers. How could something so sweet make something so foul? My fingers are crossed daily that I'll miss it, being gone eight hours of the day does increase my odds rather nicely :)

There is one person who without this experience would be very different. She's my mom and Elle's Gram-Gram. I can't deny that the woman drives me mad (which she's well aware of) but she also gives so much of herself to the both of us. She takes care of Elle during the day thus eliminating daycare. I literally rouse her about everything. From "threats" of docking her pay if she's late in the morning to takeover to the weekly meeting me and Elle are going to have about how she feels things are going (she being Elle...LOL). It really does come from a good place. We're both able to laugh at the ridiculousness that is...Vanessa. I realized recently that I don't tell her enough how thankful I am for her. Because of her my social life has remained in tact. Because of her my daughter gets fabulous care and priceless time with her Gram-Gram. Because of her I'm able to be the mom (and person) that I am today. It goes without saying I love you Mom!



We're finding our groove. There is so much I'm looking forward to this year and having Elle here to be a part of it all means I'll never run out of batteries for the camera!



XOXO

1 comment:

ShandART said...

What a great Mother's Day it will be for both you and your mom!