Friday, February 18, 2011

(not) So Fat Girl Friday

Seven days have come and gone and I'm happy to report I lost 2.8lbs. today! WOOOOOO-HOOOOO baby! I really buckled down & stayed on track this week. I even managed to visit LA Fitness twice! I didn't do as well as I wanted to with the writing down what I'm eating but I started out strong and well had a slip here and there. The good news is I'm reading nutritional labels and making what I'd like to call "smart skinny" girl choices rather than the easy (and tastier in some instances) "fat girl" ones. Case in point: I went into Publix hungry and needing a snack. I started out with yogurt covered raisins but ended with the bear trail mix, now it's nothing to swoon over but the cocoa covered almonds are pretty tasty and the granola clusters are growing on me. I've really been wanting cereal and this morning I combed through the cereal aisle on the hunt for a cereal that had a serving size of at least a cup. I hit the jackpot with Kix at a whopping 1 1/4 cup serving size. FYI-the new Trix has the same serving size too.

At my meeting this morning I did take my shoes off, I know don't judge me. But I did splurge and buy the dining out companion which lists the points of food and beverages at popular resturants. It aided me in making healthy choices when I went to Taco Bell, two fresco chicken burritos only cost me eight points. I think carrying it around with me will help me to not only make healthier choices but help me in saying "No, Vanessa you don't need the fries go find a piece of fruit." Oh, and it's kind of heavy too, so here's to a constant reminder of the weight of my decisions (pun intended). Going into this next week I'd have to say I'm most excited about losing fresh pounds and ending the tortous dance the past weeks have been and in an effort to further motivate myself I purchased a goal weight outfit or in my case dress. I've already named it my "Crockett & Tubs" dress since it reminds of Miami Vice and I will be dawning it once I've dropped 20lbs. and celebrating with the girls! Ofcourse I tried it on and I have to say I wasn't disappointed, it zipped without having to say a little prayer, curse myself & hold my breath but it's going to look significantly better on a slimmer me.

"The cardiologist's diet: If it tastes good, spit it out." ~Author Unknown

XOXO

No comments: